As a licensed psychologist with a prior career in business, I am able to quickly understand clients’ personal leadership challenges and business strategy and tactics. I specialize in talent selection and development programs such as executive coaching and assessments.
Over the last 20 years I have worked with a total of over 1,000 managers and executives on their professional development in coaching, assessment, 360 degree feedback and career transition programs. I have worked with senior executives in the energy, transportation, healthcare, technology, banking and consumer product industries, as well as nonprofit organizations.
After completing a BBA in Accounting from Baylor University and earning a CPA license, I worked on the audit staff of Arthur Young & Co. and served clients in the energy, financial services and technology industries. I later served as Controller for a Dallas real estate development company.
After several years in a corporate financial role, I wanted to combine my interests in business and psychology to work with executives on their growth as leaders of people and organizations. After earning a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from the University of North Texas, I joined Personnel Decisions International (PDI, now Korn-Ferry) a global human resource consulting firm that helps companies select and develop their leadership talent. As manager of Coaching Services for the Southwest region of PDI, I also trained and mentored other consultants.
Since 1997, I have been in my own practice, serving as a trusted advisor for executives in their journey as leaders, helping them build their leadership effectiveness and impact. For client companies, I have also provided an objective outside view of candidates being considered for senior leadership roles, through comprehensive talent assessments.
I have contributed to articles on career issues and coaching for the Chicago Tribune and The Dallas Morning News. Serving on the faculty of UT Southwestern Medical Center, I taught a course in Consulting in the Psychology Ph.D. program. I am a member of the American Psychological Association, the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology and the Society of Consulting Psychology.
What Differentiates Nancy is her:
- Business background, experience and training - enabling her to quickly understand your business challenges and help you create a line of sight between your leadership impact and the business results you desire
- Expertise in understanding human behavior and ability to facilitate constructive behavior change and growth
- Systematic, results-focused coaching process
- Award-winning research on career issues, such as career decision-making and obstacles to career success
- Clear focus on business results. The goals of every engagement will align with the organization’s strategy and objectives.
- Responsiveness and level of engagement in your development
- Twenty years of full-time experience coaching executives